MBA Aviation & Airport Management
Course Duration : 2 Years full time
Eligibility : Any 3 Years Degree ( minimum 50% marks is compulsory)
What exactly is Aviation & Airport Management?
This course prepares you for a successful career in the airline & aviation industry. The global aviation and airport management industry is expanding rapidly, and this course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and experience you will need to establish your career in this area. On completing this course, you can work in any department of an airport or airline company in India and around the world.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the principles & operational procedures of the aviation industry
- Understand the roles and responsibilities associated with human resource at the airport
- Improve your presentation & communication skills
- Quickly complete the course using fast-track option
- Get 100% job placement assistance
- Gain job-skills for careers in passenger handling, airport operations and management
- Learn in small and engaging teaching environments using up-to-the-minute interactive technologies
- Study a stimulating range of global airline and airport industry related organizational contexts
- Develop the knowledge and intellectual expertise you will need to work to the very highest standards of professionalism
- Gain the essential people and process expertise international companies expect from their leaders
- Explore the latest hard and soft aviation management skills with a highly committed and motivating team of teaching experts
- Challenge yourself as you develop your theoretical and pragmatic skills and knowledge
- Benefit from a course that uses a hands-on, practical approach, including the use of a Strategic Airline simulation, as it focuses on your ambitions and future career.
Scope of Aviation & Airport Management
Aviation being a broad sector, there exists many opportunities. India’s civil aviation industry is on a high-growth trajectory. India aims to become the third-largest aviation market by 2020 and the largest by 2030. “The world is focused on Indian aviation – from manufacturers, tourism boards, airlines and global businesses to individual travellers, shippers and businessmen. If we can find common purpose among all stakeholders in Indian aviation, a bright future is at hand” said Mr. Tony Tyler, Director General and CEO, International Air Transport Association (IATA).
The major job profiles in the sector are:-
- Business Development Executives, Sales Executives,
- Business Systems Analysts,
- Market Research Analyst,
- Zonal Business Manager,
- Customer Facility Manager,
- Airport Representative,
- Airport Ground Staff,
- Customer Care Executive,
- Retail Sales Executives,
- Tour Coordinator,
- Client Servicing Executives
- Aircraft manufacturers
- cargo airlines
- medical airline transports
- Public and private airlines
- Professional development centers and tourism boards are some of the places that hire people with a qualification in aviation management.
Aviation and Tourism industry are the fastest growing industries with multiple growth rate which leads to higher opportunities for better career options in the growing industry.
After completing the course, graduates may get hired at major International or Domestic Airports. Average starting salary is usually between 3-6 Lakh Rupees per year. The BLS reported that employment of administrative service managers, such as those found in aviation administration, was expected to grow 8% between 2014 and 2024. The five fastest-growing markets in terms of aviation & airport industry and additional passengers per year over the forecast period will be
Logistics and supply chain management certification provided by IACT
- China (817 million new passengers for a total of 1.3 billion)
- US (484 million new passengers for a total of 1.1 billion)
- India (322 million new passengers for a total of 442 million)
- Indonesia (135 million new passengers for a total of 242 million)
- Vietnam (112 million new passengers for a total of 150 million).
The global airline industry continues to grow rapidly, but consistent and robust profitability is elusive. Measured by revenue, the industry has doubled over the past decade, from US$369 billion in 2004 to a projected $746 billion in 2014, according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
This report provides a global view of one of the most global industries. Oxford Economics analyzed the economic and social benefits of aviation at a national level in over 50 countries and used the results of that assessment to build the most comprehensive global picture of air transports many benefits. Working with partners across the industry, the Air Transport Action Group (ATAG) has expanded the analysis to build a unique view of the air transport system that provides jobs, trade, connectivity, tourism, vital lifelines to many remote communities and rapid disaster response. Every day… » 8.6 million passengers » 99,700 flights » $17.5 billion worth of goods carried Air transport is a major contributor to global economic prosperity. Aviation provides the only rapid worldwide transportation network, which makes it essential for global business and tourism. It plays a vital role in facilitating economic growth, particularly in developing countries. Airlines transport over three billion passengers annually with revenue passenger kilometers (RPK) totaling nearly 5.5 trillion in 2012. Nearly 50 million tonnes of freight were carried by air in 2012, amounting to 185 billion freight tonne kilometers (FTK). Air transport facilitates world trade, helping countries participate in the global economy by increasing access to international markets and allowing globalization of production. The total value of goods transported by air represents 35% of all international trade. Aviation is indispensable for tourism, which is a major engine of economic growth, particularly in developing economies. Globally, 52% of international tourists travel by air. Connectivity contributes to improved productivity by encouraging investment and innovation; improving business operations and efficiency; and allowing companies to attract high quality employees. Jobs supported by aviation worldwide.
58.1 million Direct employments worldwide. Aviation jobs are, on average, 3.6 times more productive than other jobs. By opening markets, enabling knowledge transfer and other catalytic effects, aviation also makes jobs in other sectors more productive.
Air transport stimulates tourism. Tourism makes a major contribution to the global economy. It directly contributed $2 trillion to world GDP in 2012 and provided over 101 million jobs globally — 3.4% of total employment. By 2024, the World Travel & Tourism Council expects direct employment in the tourism industry to be more than 126 million people globally44. When looking at the jobs and GDP supported through the indirect and induced impacts of tourism, the figures are a magnitude higher at 261 million jobs (8.7% of employment) and $6.6 trillion, or 9.3% of the global economy. By 2024, tourism could support some 347 million jobs and $11 trillion in GDP. Air transport is forecast to support 103 million jobs by 2032. By 2020 traffic at Indian Airports is expected to reach 450 million, making it the third-largest aviation market in the world.
Job roles available are-
- Airport Manager
- Staff Manager
- Safety Officer
- Assistant Manager
- Freight & Cargo department Manager
- Airline & Operations Management
- Airfield Operator
- Passenger handling
- Cabin Crew Member
- Cargo & Transportation Supervisor
- Fares & Ticketing Executives
- In-flight service & security
- Load & Trim Officer
- Airline Customer Service Agent
- Baggage Holders
After completing the course, there are many hotel companies and restaurants chains which offer a handsome package to the deserving student, some of them include:
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Wyndham Hotels Group (WHG)
- Marriott International
- Hilton Hotels Corporation
Learn Aviation & Airport Management from the top leaders in the industry.
The demand for professionals with knowledge of Aviation & Airport Management is expect to rise exponentially because of vast growth in the Industry of Airline & Aviation Industry. Due to this, there are a number of institutes which provide BBA/B.Com Aviation & Airport Management courses for the aspiring candidates. If you are one of these candidates, enroll yourself for a class now.
Karnataka College of management and science conduct BBA/B.Com Aviation & Airport Management.
MBA certification provided by Bangalore University.
Aviation & Airport Management certification provided by APTECH.
APTECH provides training by world-class experts to help you build your skills and advance your career. Make it your destination of choice to get started to work with Aviation Industry.
For more details please call on +91 88849 66600